February 2018 - Plan With Me



Well, hello everyone!  How is your February going? Mine is getting a little less hectic, since we finished off a marathon of four birthdays in my family, all of which were with a few days or weeks of each other.  There's hardly been a moment to stop and take a breath, but I'm happy now that I can get back to a somewhat normal routine.  

This means I have a new video and blog post for you: 




Here's a better look at each of the spreads for those of you who want to see them in more detail.

 First up is the previous month's memory page.  These types of spreads are my favorite right now.  It feels so good to sit down and document what's been going on with me and my family over the past few weeks.  Creating the drawings is super theraputic for me, since it involves coloring, which I've loved way before the adult coloring trend was even a thing! 
 



This spread may not vary too much each month...we'll just have to see how it goes.  For right now, I love having a monthly calendar and my video/planning sheet plopped in there.  While I've only been using the planning sheet for a week or two, it is really helping me to have that visual reminder and a way to write down what I want to to do.  If I write it down, I'm much more likely to follow through with my plan.   I love the colors here...so many pinks and purples! 





Since the last part of January and the first partial week of February were during the same week, you can find that weekly spread right here.  My first entire week of this month is what you see below. 
I made the pages look torn, which is quickly becoming a go to for weeklies, and did up this lettering myself. 



On the first of the month, I started taking Erin Nichol's (of The Petite Planner Blog) Rock Your Journal Class.  
 It's an entire course for anyone who wants to start bullet journaling, and those of us who've been doing it for awhile but still want to improve.  Erin has done an amazing job keeping the lessons doable, but still fun and interesting.  Out of the gate, I found myself learning something I didn't know, but not feeling like I had to practice for hours to actually get the gist of what was being taught.  I was able to practice and then have my first assignment posted in the private class Facebook group for class members.   I'm doing all of my practice in my BuJo, and here is the spread I did on my first practice session/assignment. 



Rock Your Journal Spread - Lettering


OK, and for those of you who took time to visit my blog, I'm posting some bonus page spreads I didn't show on my my YouTube video for this month.  You will only see them here!  These are spreads I did for the class that I finished after the video was up.


For this assignment, I was supposed to write my name using different lettering styles:




(a couple more pages coming soon)


What does your bullet journal looking like for February? Shoot me a reply or send me a picture or two...I'd love to see your pages.  I hope your day is fabulous!

No comments