A Reminder About Why I Scrapbook





The handsome guy in the picture above is my dad...when he was in service during the 1940s.  He passed away about a week and a half ago, and I cannot tell you how much I miss him.

During this time, when I'm still getting used to the fact that he is no longer with us, I have been so thankful that I have pictures of him...those that I took and those that belonged to him that we took the time to scan in.   Also, I'm glad I took time to scrapbook some of those photos, and that there are others that I still have the chance to scrapbook.

I have realized that while I love the pretty papers and embellishments and have fun using them, they are not the main reason I do this.  The most important reason, and why it is so dear to my heart, is so I can preserve those memories and remember what the good things and good people in my life.

Being able to look back at the pages I've made with photos of my dad have really brought me peace and helped the sting of our separation to be less painful.  Certain memories have made me laugh, while others have made me so grateful for the good man he was.  I'm so glad I had such a wonderful dad and what a sweet grandad he was to my kids.

You can hear more about this in this week's video:



The layouts I included are posted here in case you wanted a better look at them.


This one features my dad with one of his elementary school classes:




I love this page because it shows my parents on their wedding day and then on their sixtieth anniversary:




This page shows one of my favorite things to do ever, which is taking a hike with my dad and my kids:



 This was such a fun Christmas, because it was our first in the new house we just moved into, and my parents surprised us by stopping by to spend some time with us:


I loved looking back on this day because we went to the courthouse to make the adoption final, and become a family in the eyes of the law.   I loved having Mom and Dad there:




Thanks for taking time to visit today, and remember --- scrap those memories!  And, if someone you love a lot has been on your mind, and you haven't talked to them in awhile --- don't wait!  Call, visit, Facetime them, or take them to lunch.   You won't regret it!
 


No comments