DIY Simple Digital Embellishments



Would you look at this layout and think that everything on the page (excluding the fonts and pictures) came from the kit I'm going to show you below?


Well, it's true!  Using only The Watercolor Summer kit by Kim Jensen and some tools in Photoshop Elements, I made the Easter layout at the top of this post.  

My latest video shows you how you can take a small kit, and make some embellishments to go with it.  There are times when a kit doesn't have what we need, and we can improvise enough to make a great scrapbook page. 


I'm not saying by any means that this is how pro digital designers make their products...they use different programs and have spent a lot of time honing their skill.  All I'm saying here is that this is a great way to spruce up a page in a pinch, or create a custom embellishment or two when you want it. 

FYI, the only supplies I used other than Kim's beautiful kit were some fonts --- Phosphate Solid, KG Sorry Not Sorry Chub Regular, and my own handwriting are the ones you see on the layout. 

 I'm curious...have you ever made your own digital embellishments?  Why or why not?  I'd love to hear from you!

Alrighty, guys!  Have a beautiful day!









No comments