Video: Loading vs. Installing Brushes



Here's a video on my thoughts about installing and loading brushes, as well as the advantages to each method.

I hope you guys enjoy watching this --- I think Photoshop Brushes don't get all the love they deserve.  You can do so many cool things with them, and you are limited only by your imagination!  Here are some of my favorite ways to use brushes in PSE:

 Painty splats made with brushes can be awesome and unique ways to ground a photo, and it's nice variety from using standard photo mats.




Another fun use is to to ink or paint up the edges of a patterned or solid paper, like I did here with the aqua cardstock: 


Brushes can also add fun texture to a page that needs that little extra "something to make a page feel finished.  On this "Speed Racer" page,  I used a brush that looks like tire tread marks to reinforce the theme of the page.




In a few more days, I will have a video that will talk you through the process of creating a new layout using brushes, and it will show you how fun and easy they are to work with.

Let me know what you think of the video and/or this post.

I appreciate you stopping by and have a great day!

No comments