November 2017 Bullet Journal Flip Through



Hey guys!  Do you ever get the itch to just tackle a project that has been bugging you?  It doesn't happen everyday for me, but when that urge hits, I know it's time to follow to go with it!  In late October and most of November, I was on a mission to edit my closet...or purge it of stuff I wasn't wearing or didn't need...or dejunk it.  However you want to put it, I knew it was time to give it a good cleaning.  
 

I spent time deciding if I wanted to do a capsule wardrobe (see my wardrobe Pinterest Board Here), or if I wanted to make it a little smarter and easier to work with.  In the end, I just couldn't bring myself to do a capsule wardrobe.  I felt like I would get super bored with such a small collection of clothes. 

I didn't know exactly where to start, but I was lucky enough to find two great bloggers who gave me some direction.  

You can watch my video or get more info from what I've shared below the video window: 



The first blogger I found is Rebecca Jacobs. 
If you sign up to receive her emails, you can get a free style worksheet.  It takes you through some exercizes to figure out what your personal style is, and I found it to be so helpful.  Although her intention is for you to print the worksheet and write on it, I simply took her questions and ideas and used them on pages I created in my bullet journal.  While my pages don't look like hers, the content is the same.  I enjoyed having them in my journal rather than having to go to a separate document in another app.   I like going back and looking at these spreads when I'm out shopping and can't remember what items I still need to buy.  Here's what I came up with for these pages:


This spread was all about brainstorming things I liked, including colors, fabrics, looks, etc.  Based on the word cloud, I wrote down what is at the core of my own style, and what clothes I feel confident in, and so on.  I highly recommend you get the workbook if you'd like to revamp your closet.


This spread with the pie chart helps me identify the activities in my life and the clothes that go along with it.  I'm a stay at home mom, so obviously, business suits and work wear won't fit my lifestyle, at least not at this point in my journey.  The green section of the pie chart is dedicated to being a mom, and then the other smaller areas of my life are the other pieces of the pie.  I wrote down a list of what clothes are and are not comfy for me and my where I am right now.



For this next set of pages, I used a wardrobe guide that you can find on Corinna's blog, Now That I Can Do, Mama!  I was so thrilled to find this blog, because it is for moms who want to look, feel and dress nice.   I love Corinna's approach because she isn't telling busy women to take hours to get ready, to deal with a fussy system, or spend crazy amounts of money on a wardrobe.  She encourages moderation, thrift, and keeping things doable.

One of the first things you'll see when you visit her blog is a free year round wardrobe guide that you can download for free.  This PDF file will guide you through finding pieces to make a cute, stylish wardrobe that is also comfortable and practical for the everyday life of a mom.  This guide is only a preview, but you can purchase the full guide from Corinna.  I opted to buy the guide and I really enjoy it.  I used the shopping guide and the wardrobe plane to make the spread above.  I chose a main color scheme along with neutral and accent color groupings to help me create a cohesive wardrobe.  

I could have done this all on a paper print out of her plan, but I used the print out to brainstorm and get my ideas down, then I transferred my final shopping list, color schemes, and other notes here in my journal.  I don't want to have to worry about losing papers or having to store them somewhere.


This was the sole weekly spread I made for November.  I am really proud of this one and love the color combo especially.   I didn't make other weekly spreads simply because I was so immersed in going through my closet.  I decided to let my bullet journal reflect what I was most interested at the time.


Here's my calendar/What I got done page.  I'm still really liking this format so far!





And last but not least, I also kept my monthly memories page.  November didn't seem like a busy month at first, but when I look back on this spread, I can see I was on the go a lot!  Maybe that's why it seemed to go by really quickly!

That should do it for this post.  Let me know what you guys think of these pages.  Did you like it?  Was it too weird for you?   Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. 

I always appreciate you taking time to read my content.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments